Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Renee Zawawi- Legends Review



Artist: Renee Zawawi
Title: Legends
Website: http://www.reneezawawi.com
Style: Pop Dance
Label: Sapines Record
Rating: 7.9 out of 10
By C.W. Ross
 
Renee Zawawi's life is fascinating and much of it can be found in this, her debut release, Legends. While still a young child, Zawawi was abducted from her home in Philadelphia and taken overseas. "I sang to release my soul and relieve the heartache of what I was going through," Zawawi explains. "Through perseverance and determination, I was eventually reunited with my family here in the USA." Unfortunately she didn't get the chance to see her mother before she passed away.
 
Renee has girl-next-door beauty with big puppy dog eyes and a smile that can light up a room.  She competed in and won several beauty pageants including, 'Miss PA 2004.'
 
Renee's true passion though has always been her music. "I can't imagine living without music in my life," Zawawi explains. "There is no better feeling than sharing touching moments with my audience. I think there are songs on my record for everyone, and I can't wait for people to hear it!"
 
Legends offer up many different offshoots to its main theme of pop dance music. Several of the songs have a Middle Eastern flair to them along with the very Spanish sounding, "Never Knew" with its castanets.
 
The songs alternate from heavy bass pumping dance tracks like "American Girrrl" and "Flirt With Me" to more melodic ones including the final track, "On the Road." That song deals with not letting people pull you down, to live your dreams.
 
Another track worth mentioning is, "Children of the World." This song was written to raise funds to help children suffering from war, violence, and disaster. The chorus of the song was translated into 7 different languages so children listening to the song could enjoy it in their native language.
 
When asked about where the inspiration comes from for her songs Renee says, "...the songs (are) from my heart and soul, about the best and the worst experiences that I have been through-through out my life trip in general and through out traveling to various countries. Each song speaks of dances, cultures, and encounters..."
 
With its club world beats and strong lyrics you should be hearing the songs from Renee Zawawi's Legends pumping from both your local club and favorite radio station.
 

No comments: